In simple terms, Char Dham conveys the presence of four sacred abodes. But it has a got a great significance in Hindu religion. Char Dham originally used to refer to a pilgrimage circuit encompassing four holiest sites which were located at four directions of India – Badrinath, Puri, Rameshwaram and Dwarka. They were established by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century AD.
CHAR DHAM YATRA – 11 Nights & 12 Days
Start your spiritual journey from Delhi. On reaching Haridwar, check-in to your hotel. Evening visit Har ki Pauri and enjoy evening Ganga aarti. Take holy dip in the river Ganga. Later visit local market near the place and come back to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- a paradise for nature-lovers, Haridwar presents kaleidoscope of Indian culture and civilization. Haridwar also termed as 'Gateway to Gods' is known as Mayapuri, Kapila, Gangadwar as well. The followers of Lord Shiva (Har) and followers of Lord Vishnu (Hari) pronounce this place Haridwar and Hardwar respectively as told by some. It is also a point of entry to Dev Bhoomi and Char Dham (Four main centers of pilgrimage in Uttarakhand) Viz. Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Morning after breakfast proceeds to Barkot. As you drive through Mussoorie, you can visit the famous Kempty Falls on your way. Kempty falls is the star attraction of Mussoorie. People from all over the world visit the place to have a look at these spectacular waterfalls. On reaching Barkot, check-in to your hotel/camp. Evening for leisure. Overnight at hotel
- Uttarkashi district offers a Himalayan panorama of natural delights, perhaps unmatched elsewhere. It is a treasure - trove of lush valleys, soaring peaks, crashing waterfalls, balmy hot water springs and other bounties of Mother Nature. A full description could easily fill a book, hence only some broad features can be indicated. Barkot is a beautiful hill station which is located on the foot of Yamunotri.
Morning proceeds for Yamunotri. From Jankihatti start your 6 km trek to Yamunotri. You can also hire palki or a horse for your trek. (Cost Not Included). On your trek, you enjoy the sight of lush green valley and a variety of species of Himalayan shrubs. Perform all the rituals and return back to Barkot, hotel / Camp. Overnight at hotel.
- Yamunotri is one of the shrines of the Char Dhams. The temple at Yamunotri is dedicated to Goddess Yamuna who present in the form of a black marble idol in the temple. Yamunotri is the source of the river Yamuna which is also the daughter of Surya, the Sun.
- set on the banks of river Bhagirathi, Uttarkashi is well known for its historical monuments, Temples and Ashrams. After taking some rest for the day, you can go stroll around the place. the Sun.
Early in the morning start driving towards Gangotri.
is a popular Hindu pilgrimage town which is set on the banks of river Bhagirathi. River Ganga is believed to have touched earth at this place. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Ganga.
On reaching Gangotri, perform Pooja and other rituals. Later, drive back to Uttarkashi. Overnight at the hotel.
Leave for your next destination, Guptkashi after having your breakfast early in the morning. On reaching, check-in to the hotel/camp. Overnight in the hotel/camp.
is located at a distance of 47 km from the holy shrine, Kedarnath. The town holds immense religious importance as it houses famous ancient temples like Vishwanath Temple and Ardhnareshwar Temple.
Get up early in the morning and check out from the hotel after having your breakfast. Start your drive to Gaurikund which is set at a distance of around 33 km. On reaching Son Prayag 5 kms before Gaurikund, drive by jeep to Gaurikund. Afterbreaching Gaurikund start rek to Kedarnath.
Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. To reach the temple, you can hire a palki or a horse (Cost Not Included). On your way to the temple, you will get to experience the unexplored sights of the snow capped mountains. On reaching, check-in at the Govt. Camps/Lodges. Overnight at the hotel.
This morning you get up before dawn and take a bath. Later, you go to the temple for the 'Abhishek to Kedarnath. After Darshan and Puja, return to your respective Camps / Lodges. Start with your trek from Kedarnath to Gaurikund and by jeeps to Sonprayag. At Sonprayag, your car awaits which will take you back to your hotel at Guptkashi. On reaching Guptkashi, Overnight at the hotel.
After having your breakfast in the morning, check out of the hotel and start driving towards your next destination, Badrinath via Joshimath.
On reaching Badrinath, check-in to the hotel. After taking some rest and refreshments, leave for you are all set to go to Badrinath Temple for Darshan. After Darshan, return to the hotel. Enjoy your dinner and Overnight at the hotel.
is an important pilgrimage site which holds immense importance for both Hindus and Buddhists. Badrinath temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is set at a height of 3133 meter.
This morning, visit Badrinath Temple for Darshan. Later, return to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, you can leave for local sightseeing at Badrinath. Visit major attractions of Badrinath such as Mana Village, Vyas Gufa, Ganesh Gufa, and Mata Murti temple.
Evening free for leisure and overnight at the hotel.
This morning, have your breakfast and then leave for Haridwar. Check-in to the hotel on reaching Haridwar. Later, enjoy your dinner and have a comfortable overnight stay.
After breakfast in the morning at the hotel, leave for Delhi railway station / airport for your onward journey.
- Entry fee if any
- Guide Charges
- Any other expenses of personal use or not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any eventual HIKE in TOUR PRICE due to climatic - natural conditions or government issues.
- Room + breakfast + Dinner (MAPAI) on double / twin sharing basis.
- Local Sightseeing and transfers as per the itinerary.
- All applicable taxes.